Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

1. Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours. 
  • I will be responsible for overseeing, participating in, and directing the completion of the first 32 pages of the yearbook, in order to meet our first deadline date. I will be working alongside the design team and will also be designing a few spreads myself. I will also be assigning work, schedules, lesson plans, and grades to the staff and editors. This will be done through each elective day, after school and lunch meetings, and time outside of school. 
2. Discuss how or what you will do will meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • I will be taking files, photos, and descriptions of what I do every time progress is done on this component. The evidence will be shown in the final design of the 32 pages, which I will post on this blog as each one is completed. 
3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  • This will demonstrate my skills as an editor-in-chief, putting me in charge of a student-run publication. It will emphasize the importance of an editorial position, where I will be managing, directing, and influencing the work behind creating a product, alongside fellow staff members and editors within a publication. This component will also allow me to learn the functions of a publication, and allow for a greater deal of involvement in each department of a publication.
4. Link on sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...this is approved. Just make sure to document what you are doing very well with pics and a log. You also want to clearly separate this from your other mentorship hours : )

    ReplyDelete