Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship Hours

1. Where are you doing your mentorship?
  • In Strand's class whenever Mimi drops by to help us on the production of the yearbook, to teach myself and the other editors, or to work with Strand and I on the computers. The tasks vary each day.
2. Who is your contact?
  • My contact is Mimi Orth, a Herff Jones Sales Representative.
3. How many total hours have you done?
  • In total, I have done 30.5 hours (including summer mentorship). Not including the 10 hours of summer mentorship, it's been 20.5 hours working with Mimi. The hours varied daily when Mimi was here for different purposes, such as setting up the computers, designing certain pages, or organizing programs, which took longer than the hour and a half allotted for elective.
4. Summarize the 10 hours of service you did. 
  • I have done more than 10 hours, because mentorship takes place every other Tuesday each month. The most that I had done was working with, assisting, and directing the editorial team, Strand, and staff on the progress of first deadline. Majority of the time I taught design team on yearbook design, edited design layouts, helped brainstorm ideas for stories, assigned staffers their assignments, scheduled out events to cover, and look over photo submissions. I also held meetings with design, photo, and copy teams during school and on weekends, and work on spreads at home (Skyping with editors and whatnot). Because I am the "Book Editor-in-Chief," I am solely responsible for the production of the yearbook itself, while Stacy handles funds, elective management, and logistics, so during mentorship I focus on the creative aspects of yearbook elective. 
5. Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone number confirming who they should call to verify it.
  • Okay.

1 comment:

  1. Will you please separate the 10 hours you did prior to the start of the school year? Maybe just highlight the boxes in a different color?

    ReplyDelete