Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

1. Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  • For my second Independent Component, I will be teaching a workshop lesson on the general basics of spread design, effective photography, and compelling copywriting for next year's editorial team and staff in the Yearbook elective, on a Friday or the weekend (most likely April 12, if I am given permission to use a classroom that Saturday) after our final deadline.  
2. Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • Throughout this month and next month, I will be creating a visual PowerPoint, 3 activities corresponding to each section, and an oral presentation, where I will present to students coming back into this elective, and those in editor positions for the next year. Often, the Yearbook editor-in-chief/editorial publisher does this as tradition of "handing down the title" to the younger students, and must ensure that they have acquired the basic foundation of what makes a quality yearbook. I will be taking lots of photos and videos of what I will be doing; when I am making the visual, practicing in front of my current senior editors, doing research for the information I will be speaking of, making presentation speaker notes, etc.
3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  • After creating my first answer, I figured that I should incorporate more of the teaching or directional aspect of editorial publishing (since I will also be rephrasing my first answer for later). It is important that an editorial publisher advise, direct, and instruct their staff members and editors. Of course, I am not creating the product, the yearbook, by myself. My job is to lead and maintain the creative vision and progress that goes into a quality yearbook. Teaching others how to execute it is key to creating a quality yearbook and proving for a piece of successful editorial publication. 

4. Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it the independent component 2 log.
  • Done.


1 comment: