Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blog 4: Interview Preparation

1. Who do you plan to interview? Why?
  • I plan to interview my mentor, Mimi Orth. During my mentorship, she gave great advice and constructive criticism on my course work. I feel that the way she guided me is what is an essential character for an editor, and I would like to listen to her perspective on my topic. I would also like to ask her questions on her past work in publication, and what she has learned and experienced from them.
2. You have to ask 5 questions. What additional questions do you plan to ask?
  • How long did you work in publication, and what was your most memorable experience from it?
  • What were some common or reoccurring issues you would come across while working in publication?
  • From your experiences, what are some important qualities that an editor should have while running a publication?
  • How did you organize your staff, and how were you able to manage numerous deadlines in a publication?
  • Where do you get inspiration for your product, and what do you think is the most efficient way of connecting your product verbally and visually?
*More additional questions I might ask:
  • From your experience on working with so many schools, what do you think is a common thing that many staffs struggle with?
  • Trends and styles are always changing, which influences the way a product looks. What do you predict will be popular among print publications this year?
  • Did you ever experience a time where a publication's product was not executed well? What was that time like, and what can a publication do to avoid a situation like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment