Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Finally Chose a Senior Topic!

I think the biggest problem I had entering this year was what to do for my senior project. I was so sure of one thing, then all of a sudden something else seemed better, then somehow after changing my mind, I was back to square one. A main reason why this seemed like such a struggle was that this year, both Stacy and I are Editors-In-Chiefs of Yearbook. That's never happened before, and it kind of made that requirement of "the Editor-In-Chief's topic is yearbook" change; how were we going to do the same topic? Another reason was that I personally didn't really know where my interests were focused on. I hate to say it, but I really didn't know what I wanted to do, and I was just frantically running in a giant circle.

About a week ago it pretty much dawned on me. Process of elimination. I know. And researching on the Internet for related terms and topics. I went through, "I don't like that," to "I can do that," to "I should do this," and on and on until I narrowed it down. Obviously, I knew I had to incorporate Yearbook. I also really wanted to do Graphic Design, because last year, I was Design Editor. However, we have a new Design Editor, so I figured doing Graphic Design wouldn't be a good choice. But, I liked the idea of incorporating my new position in Yearbook, and the elective as a publication itself.

Yearbook -> Publication -> (Co) Editor-in-Chief -> In charge of publishing the book -> Editorial Publishing.

I may or may not have patted myself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment